Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today's running motivation

Today's run was pretty good. I ran for 22 minutes, walking 90 seconds twice. This is not anywhere near the runs of the other bloggers that I am following, but if you would have told me a month ago I would have been able to do this today, I might have laughed at you. I really want to be able to do a 5k this summer...maybe if I stay on this track I will be able too. Of course, I will have to get over my hatred of the outdoors...actually, I LOVE being outside (especially on a day like today...84 degrees! perfect) as long as I'm not running. Walking my dog, playing sand volleyball, or doing any activity on the lake makes me happy. So WHY does my body go into super stress mode when I try to jog a mile and a half around my school? It's a mental block, I know...but I still hate it.

Speaking of the lake, THAT is my motivation for running for the next 3 1/2 weeks. That's right...16 more school days till Spring Break!! Although I won't be doing any of this...
(Not me...I wish!)

I WILL be doing plenty of this...

Teenage Girl Sunbathing On Raft At Lake

At the lakehouse. Reading, sleeping, eating (not too much!) and drinking the week away with these 2


awesome girls!

We might drink some of these...



And we will watch some of this...


Yes, it's Gossip Girl. Don't judge...


So, there's my motivation. I don't want to look like a beached whale while we are laying out on the dock...and I'm determined to keep my running routine up while I'm there. The only problem? There isn't a gym within 20 miles. I will be forced to run outside, and I'm not gonna like it. AND it's not the flat-see everything for 50 miles-watch your dog run away for 3 days terrain of West Texas. Oh no, this is hills and trees and humidity galore. Shoot me now. But I suppose I can sacrifice 30 minutes per day...because the other 23 1/2 hours will be pure bliss!

Tuff at the lake, a couple summers ago. He was asleep in this chair and looked exhausted, so we propped this bottle up next to him!! I love him!!


2 comments:

  1. I used to hate running outside, but now I would MUCH rather be outside than on the awful dreadmill. My favorite time to run is early mornings during the summer. It's cool and usually REALLY nice. Maybe I'm a little crazy! : )
    I'm jealous you're going to the lake. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of summer and a lake house sounds heavenly. I totally thought that was you tearing it up on the wake board at first. :) You could have just posted it and not said anything and then I would have totally believed it was you! Thanks for visiting my blog! ;) I'm really enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete